This is an exciting opportunity to become part of Europe’s largest and most high profile construction project.
The employer, BYLOR, is a joint venture between Bouygues TP, a worldwide construction organisation with considerable experience in the nuclear sector, and Laing O’Rourke, the UK’s largest privately owned engineering and construction contractor.
In this Apprenticeship role you will be responsible for the construction of the steel reinforcement, which forms a vital part of any concrete structure.
- You will be part of the delivery team on building Europe’s largest construction project and working on the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK for over 30 years. In this role, you will be responsible for the construction of the steel reinforcement which forms a vital part of any concrete structure.
- You will work with various diameters of steel that will need to be cut to length, bent to shape and fixed together, following the exact specification shown in the drawings or digital model.
- The work will be predominantly outdoors and you will be required to work closely with our Formwork Carpenters and Concrete Operatives to ensure productivity is maximised.
- On-site training and experience will be complemented by an extensive construction college Apprenticeship programme that will lead to you becoming a competent Steel Fixer.
- Working in the Nuclear environment you will be working to exacting standards.
- This is an exciting opportunity to become part of Europe’s largest and most high profile construction project. The skills learnt over the life span of this project will firmly establish your career in construction, with this prestigious project on your CV from day one.
- Your input, expertise and passion will enable us to complete the project safely, to the required level of quality, on time and on budget.