Traineeships at Bridgwater & Taunton College
Who are Traineeships for?
Traineeships are a free programme, ideal for young people who want to work, but who need extra help to gain an Apprenticeship or job, and who:
- Are not currently in a job and have little work experience but are focused upon work or the prospect that it offers
- Are aged 16–24 and qualified below Level 3
- Have been resident in the EU for the past three years (and have proof of this)
- Are keen, enthusiastic, reliable, and ready and eager to start their career.
What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship can prepare you for your future career, helping you to get ready for the world or work and improving your chances of getting an Apprenticeship or other job.
Traineeships are unpaid and can last from six weeks to a maximum of six months, with the content tailored to your individual needs, including:
- Work Preparation Training, which ensures you are ready and confident enough to take the first step in your career, such as an Apprenticeship.
- Maths and English support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
- Work placements, which provide insight into, and experience of, the world of work and make you more attractive to potential employers.
What makes Traineeships special?
You can start a Traineeship at any time! Our flexible programme means that, following a successful interview, you can start the programme immediately.
Bridgwater & Taunton College has extensive links and relationships with employers who offer opportunities across a range of disciplines/subject areas. Our specialist team will support you in engaging with these employers on a work placement, before transferring (where possible) to a full Apprenticeship.
To support you to develop vital skills and grow your confidence, you will spend one day in College with the aim of helping you to become work ready.
Extensive work experience will be integral to the programme where you will have the opportunity to develop industry specific skills, develop knowledge of working within your chosen sector, develop confidence and interpersonal skills and establish effective relationships with employers. At the end of the programme you will be provided with a reference from the employer and potentially secure an interview with the same employer.
How will I be assessed?
There are no formal assessments on the programme. Through a combination of classroom based activities and extensive work experience, you will develop your confidence, communication, team work, time management and employability skills, as well as Maths and English . A clear commitment to the programme and to your work placement employer will help to support progression and your personal contributions will clearly be a consideration to future employers.
For further information on Traineeships, or if you are an employer looking to take part in Traineeships, please contact the Business Development team by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01278 655111.Online Enquiry Form