Who is the course for?
This course is for individuals who are looking to improve or learn new skills and techniques around tyre removal and fitting.
The course covers the skills needed to remove, replace and balance wheels and tyres on light passenger vehicles, as well as Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) technology and associated legislation.
What does the course involve?
- Associated tools and equipment
- Tyre removal
- Tyre fitting
- Puncture repair
- Wheel balancing (steel and alloy)
- Run flat tyres
- Tyre markings (sizes, profiles, speed ratings)
- Tyre construction
- Associated legislation (PAS standards and H&S)
- Tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) technology
How long is the course?
The course lasts for one day, 9am – 4.30pm. Delivery is split between classroom tuition and workshop practical sessions.
What are the progression options?
You may wish to progress onto Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA).