Who is the course for?
This qualification is the first of its kind to address hybrid electric vehicle technology. It has been developed to ensure the safety of technicians working on high voltage hybrid vehicles.
In addition, this qualification provides knowledge and skills essential for members of the emergency services, who may attend an accident involving a high voltage hybrid vehicle.
What does the course involve?
- Hybrid system components and operation
- How to work safely on hybrid and related vehicle systems
- How to carry out maintenance and repair activities when working on hybrid vehicles
- Construction and function of battery modules and related components
- Hybrid drive train layouts
All equipment will be provided by the College for this course.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The course fees include tution, hospitality and lunch. The College does not charge VAT.
What are the progression options?
Learners may wish to attend one of our advanced vehicle electric courses:
- Engine management
- Advanced electrical diagnostics