Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
This Apprenticeship is for those seeking to attain fundamental and relevant practical skills with the underpinning knowledge in construction operations.
For employers looking for more information on this Apprenticeship, please call our Business Development team on 01278 655111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the course involve?Qualifications included within the Apprenticeship are:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations (Construction) - CSkills
- Diploma (Level 2) Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations - CSkills
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What makes this course special?
- Facilities that will specifically benefit students on this course
- Residential trips that may be available
- Additional qualifications or experience gained
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Links with external companies – Mole Valley, DHL, etc.
The Apprenticeship is delivered through a combination of classroom-based training and on-site assessment of competencies within the workplace.
The Apprenticeship has been designed to develop skills, knowledge and understanding within the following disciplines; carpentry and joinery, painting and decorating, tiling, plastering, roofing or trowel occupations.
Learners are expected to have achieved a minimum of five GCSEs A – E or 9 - 3 grades.
What are the assessment methods?
- Written examination
- Practical assessment
- Written coursework
- Asessments in the workplace
How long is the course?
The duration of this Apprenticeship is 18 to 24 months depending on apprentice progress.
What are the College attendance requirements?
This is a full-time Apprenticeship consisting of approximately four days per week in the workplace with the learner's employer and one study day each week at Bridgwater College.
The day release hours are 9am – 4.30pm at Bridgwater College. Each academic year consists of 36 days attendance at Bridgwater College.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Clothing/PPE relevants to the trade. This would usually be provided by the employer.
What are the progression options?
This Apprenticeship is the first stepping stone for a career in construction maintenance. Learners have the opportunity to progress on to further training within chosen specialisms or to gain employment in industry.