Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for candidates who have a keen interest in the nail industry. This is suitable for students who are enthusiastic and committed to this short course, and for students that wish to progress onto higher levels in beauty therapy or work in the nail industry.
What does the course involve?
Five units, including theoretical knowledge and practical understanding. These include:
- Working in the beauty industry
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promote products and services
- Provide and maintain nail enhancements
- Units are taught in class contact sessions including lectures, self-study, tutorials and workshops
What makes this course special?
- The opportunity to work within the Hair and Beauty Zone, our state of the art training facility
- We offer special activities including day trips, and exhibitions as well as a range of guest speakers from highly acclaimed national and international product companies
- We also offer additional training from industry to enhance skills and to add to records of achievement/CV such as ear piercing, spray tanning, threading and nail art
- All staff are experts in their own fields, a variety of teaching staff are used to ensure outstanding teaching and learning is delivered on every unit
- A wide range of experience and skills within the industry
Are not compulsory but are advantageous, our salon environment provides a realistic working environment for our students to work and to progress into industry. Contacts with local salons and spas enable students to have job opportunities as soon as they are available.
- No previous experience required
- Successful interview
What are the assessment methods?
- Unitised online examinations
- Practical assessments
- Written coursework
These assessments take place throughout the course, assessment calendars are given to students to enable planning for theses assessments.
What are the College attendance requirements?
One full day a week and an expectation of six hours per week of self-study.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials - £150
- Clothing - £40
- Books - £25
What are the progression options?
- Level 2 VRQ beauty therapy or short courses
- Work in the industry such as nail bars or salons, self-employed or mobile work
City and Guilds