Who is the course for?
Individuals intending to work within the beauty or complementary therapy profession and want to learn Indian Head Massage Level 3 as one of the treatments they have to offer.
What does the course involve?
This course combines Indian Head Massage, health and safety and anatomy and physiology. Therefore this course would be suitable for those that are new to complementary therapies and have not studied within this field previously. If learners have already gained a health and safety qualification within beauty, complementary therapies or hairdressing then this unit will exempt.
It also includes the history and philosophy, specialist practical techniques, anatomy and physiology and health and safety relating to Indian Head Massage.
What makes this course special?
- Full professional qualification
- Our excellent clinic environment
- External clients for work experience
- Level 2 qualification
- Five GCSEs in the A* – C or 9 - 4 range
- Relevant life skills and work experience
What are the assessment methods?
- Multiple choice examination
- Practical assessment
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Three hours per week.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
In addition to the course fees, learners will need to purchase text books and wear a suitable uniform. This will be discussed at interview.
What are the progression options?
- Beauty therapy
- Complementary therapist in a beauty salon or spa
- Health farms
- Cruise liners
- Care industry
- Self-employed complementary therapist
- Employed complementary therapist in the NHS