Who is the course for?
Those wishing to learn rural business administration skills, including farmers, farm managers, and farm secretaries. The course is of particular interest to adults wishing to update their skills, as well as to younger people who wish to learn these skills. Please note this course is delivered online through distance learning.
What does the course involve?
There are four distinct sections which together cover all the content of the Bridgwater College Certificate. They are studied consecutively:
- Book-keeping and accounts: VAT, cash analysis, trading accounts, balance sheets and proof of accounts
- Wages and employment: wages, PAYE, sick pay, employment records and legislation, health and safety
- Livestock records: statutory records (including cattle passports), farm assurance, breeding records, production records
- Crops records: statutory records, farm assurance, production records
What makes this course special?
This unique course is designed to be studied from home at a time convenient to the learner.
Adults with appropriate experience may gain entry without formal qualifications. Others need four GCSEs at C (4) or above, or an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
What are the assessment methods?
There is an optional final exam.
For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065
You can enrol for the full course (all modules) or individual modules, with course codes and prices differing depending on the chosen option.
- LLW053X/NM1: All modules
- LLW053X/NM1A: Accounts module
- LLW053X/NM1B: Wages and Employment module
- LLW053X/NM1C: Livestock Records module
- LLW053X/NM1D: Crop Records module