Who is the course for?
This qualification will appeal to those who use a forklift as part of their work in agriculture, horticulture or distribution and warehousing. It has been developed to cover the basic training requirements of the Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Forklift Trucks. This does not replace any legal requirement for a driving licence.
What does the course involve?
Unit 201 Prepare the Fork Lift Truck for Driving or Manoeuvring Outcomes
- Know how to prepare the fork lift truck for driving or manoeuvring
- Be able to prepare the fork lift truck for driving or manoeuvring
Unit 202 Operate, Move or Manoeuvre the Fork Lift Truck Outcomes
- Know how to operate, move or manoeuvre the fork lift truck
- Be able to operate, move or manoeuvre the fork lift truck
Unit 203 Select, Transfer and Position Loads Using a Fork Lift Truck Outcomes
- Know how to select, transfer and position loads using a fork lift truck
- Be able to select, transfer and position loads using a fork lift truck
Unit 204 Undertake Post Operational Checks on the Fork Lift Trucks Outcomes
- Know how to undertake post operational checks for a fork lift truck
- Be able to undertake post operational checks for fork lift trucks
The minimum age limit for candidates taking Certificates of Competence is 16 years. There is no upper age limit.
What are the assessment methods?
Independently assessed by City & Guilds
- Observation of practical performance
- Assessment of underpinning knowledge
How long is the course?
This is generally a two day course, dependant on experience.