Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be dlivered online over 16 - 20 weeks. Guided learning hours: 90.
Who is the course for?
This qualification aims to improve business performance through continuous professional development of employees and their skill set.
What does the course involve?
This course will help learners to:
- Understand lean organisation techniques in business
- Know and understand business improvement tools and techniques
- Know and understand how to work effectively in a business team
As part of the course you will study three mandatory units:
UNIT 1 - Lean organisation techniques in business
- Session 1 A lean environment
- Session 2 The Productivity Needs Analysis process
- Session 3 Producing a process map
UNIT 2 - Business improvement tools and techniques
- Session 1 Continuous improvement techniques
- Session 2 Principles and techniques of workplace organisation
- Session 3 Use visual indicators to improve the work environment
- Session 4 Eliminate variance from processes in the workplace
UNIT 3 - Working in business teams
- Session 1 Making an effective team
- Session 2 Working effectively in a team
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 firstname.lastname@example.org