Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online or paper-based over 16 - 20 weeks. Guided learning hours: 154.
Who is the course for?
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the skills required for working in the cleaning sector.
What does the course involve?
As part of the course you will study six mandatory units:
UNIT 1 - Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Section 1 Understand procedures for handling routine and non-routine waste
- Section 2 Understand how to handle and transfer routine and non-routine waste
UNIT 2 - Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Section 1 Understand the health and safety legislation which applies to the cleaning and support services industry
- Section 2 Understand how to work in a safe manner
- Section 3 Understand how to control risks in the workplace
UNIT 3 - Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Section 1 Understand how to communicate effectively with customers
- Section 2 Understand how to meet customers’ needs
- Section 3 Understand how to contribute to effective team working
UNIT 4 - Infection control, RIDDOR and COSHH in cleaning settings
- Section 1 Know how to apply infection control principles to working in cleaning settings
- Section 2 Know roles and responsibilities with regard to the Reporting of Injuries, Dangerous Diseases and Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Section 3 Know roles and responsibilities with regard to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Section 4 Understand the role of risk assessment in preventing injuries, the spread of disease andinfections anddangerous occurrences
UNIT 5 - Cleaning of confined spaces
- Section 1 Be able to prepare for cleaning confined spaces
- Section 2 Be able to carry out cleaning in a confined space
- Section 3 Be able to check cleaning, resources, disposal of waste and return equipment and items
UNIT 6 - Cleaning of food areas
- Section 1 Be able to prepare for cleaning of food areas
- Section 2 Be able to carry out cleaning of food areas
- Section 3 Be able to check cleaning and resource
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 email@example.com