Who is the course for?
This course is for the professional user or anyone who requires the National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC) Certificate in the Safe Use of Pesticides and is a pre-requisite of progressing to the other FEPA modules. In accordance with the Food and Environment Protection Act (FEPA) regulations (1985), and Sustainable Pesticides Regulations (2012), sprayer operators are required to receive adequate training before operation of specific spraying equipment.
What does the course involve?
- Know the legislation and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides
- Understand the relevance of product information
- Know how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures
- Know how to store and transport pesticides safely
- Know how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticides and waste materials
- Know the record keeping requirements
- Know how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
What are the assessment methods?
Independently assessment by City & Guilds. This will be an online assessment in a multi choice format.
How long is the course?
A one-day course with online multi choice assessment at end of the day.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Cost of course includes City & Guilds assessment fees.
What are the progression options?
NPTCFor further course information and to book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01278 655065.