Who is the course for?
- Those wishing to learn to use Sage Accounting software and considering providing a service as a bookkeeper.
What does the course involve?
- Consolidate Level 1 studies, set up assets, liabilities, capital and budgets. Process journals; practice double entry bookkeeping for making and receiving payments. Prepare a trial balance and produce reports. Learn how to maintain accuracy, security and data integrity.
What makes this course special?
- This course is recognised by the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB)
- Current Sage accounting software is used
- Teaching staff are technically qualified and have industry related expertise
- Bridgwater College is an IAB Gold Award provider
Students should be in possession of the IAB Level 1 Computerised Bookkeeping certificate or hold an industry equivalent.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessment takes place in June of each academic year, via an external examination set by the IAB.
How long is the course?
Are there any additional costs for the course?
All course materials and exam fees are included in the cost.
What are the progression options?
Students will be expected to move to the Computerised Bookkeeping Level 3 (Sage) course to continue their studies.
The majority of students who complete all three levels of the course work in or for accounting practices offering a bookkeeping service to their clients. Some have branched out and work for themselves.