Who is the course for?
For thos who have sufficient experience, but do not have the required NVQ qualification to register for a CSCS card then this service is ideal. Gain a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme Card) through our new On Site Assessment and Training Service - known as OSAT.
The CSCS card is fast becoming a national safety and skills standard for individuals and companies in the construction industry. The government aims to register every competent construction worker through the CSCS scheme. Many companies are now being asked to certificate their workforce in order to qualify for government contracts. The CSCS card is also often used as a site safety passport.
Don’t be left out – both companies and individuals have a lot to gain from this scheme.
Experienced Worker Practical Assessment
For those who have relevant industry experience then Bridgwater College can help learners to achieve an NVQ in just two days of full-time attendance at our Construction Training Centre.
What does the course involve?
- Unlike most qualifications this one takes place mainly at work
- The process begins with a skill scan - an interview on site to confirm that learners have the necessary experience to complete the NVQ and identify any training required
- Proof of experience and knowledge, much of it in photographic form, is collected
- Visiting assessors help to compile your portfolio of evidence adding observations of work being undertaken
- Once sufficient evidence is compiled, units are signed off and, subject to verification, the qualification is granted
- Most NVQs are made up of six to eight units
What makes this course special?
- The course provides the opportunity to prove skills and knowledge even if the learner has no other formal qualifications
- Can be achieved without attending College
- Can be achieved in a relatively short period
- The course is sponsored by the CITB
- Provides access to CSCS card
At least three years experience in the industry.
What are the assessment methods?
- The visiting lecturer/assessor will assess the collected evidence. A company expert witness will help identify each job. Past evidence can be utilised
- Knowledge questions are issued during induction
- Health and safety test takes the form of a touch screen held at the learner's local driving centre
How long is the course?
NVQs have no set time for completion; however a typical time is six months.