Who is the course for?
This is essential for anyone changing or maintaining abrasive wheels in a civil engineering and construction environment, in order to comple with regulation 9 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, which is now embodied in the new PUWER regulations 1998.
What does the course involve?
- Approved advisory literature relating to mounting abrasive wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Structure of abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling and transporting
- Methods of inspecting and testing
- Balancing of wheels
- The proper methods of dressing an abrasive wheel
- The adjustment of rests
- The requirements of the regulations
No previous experience is required.
What are the assessment methods?
There will be both theory and practical sessions.
How long is the course?