Who is the course for?
If you have sufficient experience, but do not have the required NVQ qualification to register for your CSCS card then this service is for you or your company. Gain your CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme Card) through our new On Site Assessment and Training Service - known as OSAT.
The CSCS card is fast becoming a national safety & skills standard for individuals and companies in the construction industry. The government aims to register every competent construction worker through the CSCS scheme. Many companies are now being asked to certificate their workforce in order to qualify for government contracts. The CSCS card is also often used as a site safety passport.
Don’t be left out! Both companies and individuals have a lot to gain from this scheme.
Experienced Worker Practical Assessment
If you have relevant industry experience then Bridgwater College can help you to achieve your NVQ in just two days of full time attendance at our Construction Training Centre. Please contact the number of the overleaf for more information.
What does the course involve?
- Unlike most qualifications this one takes place mainly at work
- The process begins with a skill scan: an interview on site to confirm that you have the necessary experience to complete the NVQ and identify any training required
- Proof of experience and knowledge, much of it in photographic form, is collected
- Visiting Assessors help to compile your portfolio of evidence adding observations of work being undertaken
- Once sufficient evidence is compiled, units are signed off and, subject to verification, the qualification is granted
- Most NVQs are made up of six to eight units
What makes this course special?
- The course provides the opportunity to prove your skills and knowledge even if you have no other formal qualifications
- Can be achieved without attending College
- Can be achieved in a relatively short period
- The course is sponsored by the CITB
- Provides access to CSCS card
- You need to have sufficient experience in the industry
- Health & Safety test takes the form of a multiple choice which can be taken at Bridgwater College’s registered Test Centre. Please enquire using the contact details below
What are the assessment methods?
- The visiting lecturer/assessor will assess the evidence you collect. A company expert witness will help identify each job. Past evidence can be utilised
- Knowledge questions are issued during induction
- Health and Safety test takes the form of a touch screen held at your local driving centre
How long is the course?
NVQs have no set time for completion; however a typical time is six months.