Who is the course for?
This module covers the welding requirement for ATA and is a prerequisite for technicians wishing to achieve ATA panel technician/senior technician.
The technician should be working in the accident repair sector of the industry and have at least two years’ experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to repair and replace body components, such as vehicle body panels and their associated parts.
This assessment can be delivered in the workplace.
What are the assessment methods?
The technician must demonstrate the ability to:
- Set up the MAG equipment including wire type, speed, gas type, flow, gun tip, nozzle and power
- Set up spot weld equipment and assess nugget size
- Prepare sheet metal appropriately
- Visually test and assess the MAG welds for visual defects
- Complete a continuous vertical up MAG weld – fillet and butt
- Complete a continuous overhead MAG weld – fillet and butt
- Carry out quality checks to all finished welds
- Visually identify weld defects
- Use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Work within given time constraints
How long is the course?
This AOM is delivered over one day.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The assessment fee includes registration, assessment, certification and hospitality. The College does not charge VAT.