Who is the course for?
This introductory one day course will help employees understand how they can eliminate waste within workplace processes and contribute towards business improvement.
The course is for persons with little or no knowledge of lean wishing to start implementation or to hust gain an overview of the subject.
What does the course involve?
- What is continuous improvement and lean?
- Seven wastes, NVA and VA activities
- Principles and benefits of continuous improvement
- How to carry out continuous improvement, PDCA cycle
- Applications for lean tools and techniques
- Building in sustainability to continuous improvement activities
- Gain a full appreciation of the basic principles and benefits of continuous improvement
- Know how to identify all forms of waste
- Understand the application of the lean tools and techniques to eliminate waste and improve the bottom line of businesses
- Comprehend how to structure and carry CI utilising the PDCA cycle
- Identify how to build in sustainability to their CI activities
What are the College attendance requirements?
The course delivery will take place at Bridgwater College.
What are the progression options?
- Five day Lean Deployment Programme
- BIT Diploma or Apprenticeship Level 2
- PEO Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Six Signma Yellow Belt