Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for florists currently qualified to a Level 3 and you should ideally possess relevant industry experience. It is designed to provide opportunities for candidates to develop their creative skills, design techniques and theoretical understanding.
What does the course involve?
The comprehensive syllabus consisting of both practical and written assignment work with units covering;
- Botanical concepts
- Historical studies for floristry
- Event décor
- Business management
- Marketing and promotion
- Advanced design concepts
- Technical floristry skills such as, wired and glued designs, tieds, mediums and trend designs.
You will develop major key skills in communication, information and business acumen. In addition you will have opportunities to develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in your working life and future career progression.
What makes this course special?
- Highly qualified and experienced tutors producing consistent High Grades, student support & guidance
- Bespoke facilities offering a relaxed learning environment
- Landscaped rural campus with excellent student facilities
- Opportunities of study tours to Holland & Spain
- Industry related field trips
- Competition work and opportunities for contracted event decorating
- Progression routes available within the College following successful completion of this course
- Unique and flexible course timetable
- Level 3 Diploma in Floristry, and can demonstrate an equivalent level of industry skill levels
- Candidates will be required to supply their own floral materials and suitable range of tools & equipment.
What are the assessment methods?
There are three written programme assignments and two external exams, one of which is a practical.
How long is the course?
1/2 weekends per month for a 12 month period.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials costs estimated up to £800 depending on your chosen supplier
- Apron and full cover shoes
- Residential trips from £290 (optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory)
- Material costs for mock/actual practical exams at the end of the course.
Student Support funding and various Bursaries may be available following successful application, apply early to avoid disappointment. Fees; see the 24+ Adult Learning Loans information.
What are the progression options?
- Further study opportunities include; the L5 Master Diploma in Floristry
- Business ownership
- Ability to teach Floristry
- After successful completion of the course students may use the letters HDF after their name and hold a full Level 4 Higher Diploma qualification in Floristry.
- Self -employed business owner
- International Demonstrator/Judge
- Function Decorating for large corporate companies
- Teaching privately or within an educational organisation
- Specialist Floral designer i.e. Weddings & Corporate design
- Diverse design technician/instructor
City & Guilds