Who is the course for?
If you are looking for a career in floristry the Level 2 Certificate is a foundation course supplying the basic principles that will result in you gaining a qualification in Floristry by the end of the course. All aspects of the floristry industry are covered
No previous experience in Floristry is required
What does the course involve?
- 5 comprehensive units will be covered consisting of both practical and written assignment work.
- Modules are taught via; demonstrations, lectures, tutorials, & practical workshop’s.
What makes this course special?
- Highly Experienced Tutors producing consistent High Grades, student support & guidance.
- Bespoke facilities offering a relaxed learning environment.
- Landscaped rural campus with excellent student facilities.
- 3 Day study tour to Holland.
- Industry related field trips.
- Progression routes available within the College following successful completion of this course.
- Practical employability & personal confidence skill building opportunities.
Not compulsory on this course.
- At least 4 GCSEs in the C-E range including English & Maths or an appropriate Level 1 qualification
- Industry experience desirable but not essential
- Mature students wishing to change career welcome to apply.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Written coursework
- Multiple Choice Gola Exam
- Portfolio submission.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials costs estimated up to £2500 depending on your chosen supplier (NB: these may be available to purchase from the College for your convenience).
- Apron and full cover shoes.
- Residential trips from £350 (optional not compulsory)
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory).
What are the progression options?
- Further study opportunities; Level 3 Diploma followed by the Level 4 Higher Diploma and L5 Master Diploma in Floristry.
- Opportunities to upgrade your Literacy & Numeracy skills
- A Diverse range of Short courses in Floristry available at all times.
- Opportunities to study additional A levels & Vocational courses.
- Self -employed running your own business.
- International Demonstrator/Judge
- Function Decorating for large corporate companies.
- Teaching privately or within an educational organisation.
City & Guilds.