Who is the course for?
If you are looking for a career in floristry, the Level 2 Certificate is a foundation course which supplys the basic principles and practical expereince needed in the florsity industry. No previous experience in Floristry is required.
What does the course involve?
- Five comprehensive units will be covered consisting of both practical and written assignment work.
- Modules are taught via; demonstrations, lectures, tutorials, and practical workshops.
What makes this course special?
- Highly experienced tutors delivering high quality teaching, student support and guidance.
- Bespoke facilities offering a relaxed learning environment.
- Landscaped rural campus with excellent student facilities.
- Three day study tour to Holland.
- Industry related field trips.
- Progression routes available within the College following successful completion of this course.
- Practical employability and personal confidence skill building opportunities.
- At least four GCSEs in the C - E range including English and Maths or an appropriate Level 1 qualification.
- Industry experience desirable but not essential.
- Mature students wishing to change career welcome to apply.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment;
- Written coursework;
- Multiple choice gola exam;
- Portfolio submission.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Course materials costs estimated up to £2500 depending on your chosen supplier (NB: these may be available to purchase from the College for your convenience).
- Apron and full cover shoes.
- Residential trips from £350 (optional not compulsory).
- Field trips variable costs (optional not compulsory).
What are the progression options?
- Further study opportunities; Level 3 Diploma followed by the Level 4 Higher Diploma and Level 5 Master Diploma in Floristry.
- Opportunities to upgrade your Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- A diverse range of short courses in Floristry available at all times.
- Opportunities to study additional A-Levels and vocational courses.
- Self-employed running your own business.
- International demonstrator/judge.
- Function decorating for large corporate companies.
- Teaching privately or within an educational organisation.
City & Guilds.