Who is the course for?
This course is specifically suitable for those employees within their Organisation who have designated responsibility to deliver Manual Handling training to their colleagues, helping to meet the requirements of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Manual Handling Regulations 1992, and Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
It also provides recognised qualifications in CIEH Level 3 Training and Skills Practice Certificate, together with HABC Level 2 Safe Moving and Handling and Bridgwater College 'Train the Trainer Manual Handling' certificate.
It is ideal for first-time trainers who need to understand the basics of training skills and practice or those looking to refine their techniques.
What will I study on the course?
This qualification encourages a flexible approach to training delivery that takes account of learners’ needs and preferences. It covers initial assessment, planning and preparation, training delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand your own role and responsibilities in relation to training
- Understand appropriate training and learning approaches in a specialist area
- Demonstrate your session planning skills
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
- Development of manual handling legislation and regulation requirements
- Development of manual handling theory specific to principles of safe lifting theory and practice
- Development of manual handling safe practical lifting skills
- Previous experience in training delivery not essential, however, this course is designed to develop training skills and practice
- Ability to physically be able to demonstrate and undertake principles of safe lifting techniques (no back injury)
How will I be assessed?
- Completion of mandatory 10 hours pre-course learning assignments
- Assignment – Microteach
- Multiple choice assessment relating to manual handling theory
How long is the course?
Progress to additional Health and Safety Level 3 qualifications – IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General Certificate or Preparing to Teach in Lifelong Sector (Teaching certificate) PTLLS course.