Who is the course for?
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to become a paediatric first aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. Learners gaining this qualification will know that first aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment.
What does the course involve?
Students will learn the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider;
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant or a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant or a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Learn how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
What makes this course special?
Topics within this qualification meet the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 as being important to maintaining safe and effective practice when providing treatment of injuries and ill health of infants and children who are under the care of trained personnel.
Learners are required to be 16 years of age prior to certification. It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths.
Please note: Sessions can only run with a minimum of four delegates
What are the assessment methods?
Learners must undertake a practical assessment of their competence along with a short open response knowledge assessment, where learners are required to provide a short response to a prescribed series of questions.
How long is the course?
What are the progression options?
Upon successful completion learners may wish to continue their development via the completion of any of the signposted qualifications/training:
- HABC Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- HABC Level 3 First Aid at Work
- HABC Level 2 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation
- HABC Level 3 First Aid Response
This qualification lasts for a period of three years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this it is also recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065