Who is the course for?
Ideal for anyone serving or selling alcohol in pubs, convenience stores, bars, sports clubs, hotels, entertainment venues, restaurants, night clubs, off licences, leisure parks, supermarkets, casinos or any other venue where alcohol is sold.
What does the course involve?
- The nature of alcohol and the effect it has on the human body
- The main issues of the 2003 Licensing Act as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol
- How to recognise drunkenness and your duty not to serve drunken customers
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety and security issues
What are the assessment methods?
A 30 minute, 25 question multiple choice exam.
How long is the course?
Half a day.