Who is the course for?
This course is offered to individuals already working or wishing to work in the school environment, who would like to study through work-based learning.
The course places great emphasis on practical ability backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The Advanced Apprenticeship offers high quality training, to meet government standards. The qualifications are designed by the industry for employers and this ensures that the training received will equip candidates with the required skills.
What does the course involve?
Whilst at work, candidates will receive comprehensive practical training designed to develop competence in carrying out relevant tasks that the employer will value. Students will be visited regularly by a qualified assessor to check on progression and to ensure that they are building evidence towards their final qualification.
The course is divided two sections:
- Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning Level 3
- NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Level 3
Course content will be tailored to the needs of the individual and could include:
- Legislation, policies and procedures
- Child and young person development
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Safe practice in physical education and school sport
What makes this course special?
- An opportunity to "earn while you learn"
- This practical course covers a wide range of subjects to give a broad basic knowledge
- Students will have access to excellent facilities to enhance and support learning including excellent sports facilities and resources and superb computer facilities
- GCSEs in the A* – C or 9 - 4 range
- Initial Assessment
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
How long is the course?
Up to 24 months, although candidates can fast track if they have met the performance criteria earlier.
What are the College attendance requirements?
Applicants may visit the College one day per week to work towards gaining detailed underpinning knowledge of the chosen subject area.
What are the progression options?
- Employment opportunities into the provision of Children’s Physical Activity and school sport delivery and development
- Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management