Who is the course for?
This course is offered to individuals already working or wishing to work in the leisure industry, who would like to study through work-based learning.
The course places great emphasis on practical ability backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The Advanced Apprenticeship in Leisure Management offers high quality training, to meet the Leisure Industry standards. The qualifications are designed by the industry for employers and this ensures that the training applicants receive will equip them with the skills needed.
What does the course involve?
Whilst at work, students will receive comprehensive practical training designed to develop competence in carrying out relevant real-life leisure tasks that the employer will value.The course is divided into three sections
- Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- NVQ Certificate in Leisure Management
- NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management
Course content will be tailored to the needs of the individual but will include;
- Understanding how to lead a team in active leisure
- Plan, organise and evaluate active leisure services
- Promote learning and development in active leisure
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of customers and staff in an active leisure environment
- Marketing in Active Leisure
What makes this course special?
- Students have the opportunity to "earn while you learn"
- Superb facilities
- Modern learning resources centre
- Training Officer Support and guidance
- Experience of delivery
- GCSEs in the A*– C or 9 - 4 range
- Initial assessment
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
Applicants will be visited regularly by a qualified Assessor to check on progression and to ensure that they are building evidence towards their final qualification.
How long is the course?
Up to 24 months, although students can fast track if they have met the performance criteria earlier.
What are the College attendance requirements?
Applicants will visit the College one day per week to work towards gaining detailed underpinning knowledge of the chosen subject area.
What are the progression options?
Successful completion of the course could lead to employment opportunities as a qualified Leisure Centre Manager. Students may then progress to study a Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management.