Who is the course for?
This course is ideally suited for junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge. This qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
What does the course involve?
For the award of Level 3 Certificate, you will study the following modules:
- Personal development as a first line manager - This unit is about personal development and planning, work planning, relationship building and team welfare.
- Improving team performance - This unit is about the impact of individual’s performance on teams, recognising performance behaviours and implementing improvement measures.
For the award of Level 3 Diploma, you will additionally study the following modules:
- Resource planning - This unit is about planning, modifying and managing resources.
- Meeting stakeholder needs - This unit is about identifying, meeting and supporting stakeholder requirements.
- Managing and communicating information - This unit is about gathering, analysing and communicating information.
- Identifying development opportunities - This unit is about identifying the development opportunities of individuals and teams in order to meet team and organisational objectives.
Alternatively you can study any of the above modules as a Level 3 Award.
What makes this course special?
- The chance to access professional networks through your student membership of the CMI
- Access to comprehensive online resource designed to support managers in their day-to-day roles
- All lecturers on the programme are highly qualified and experienced in their professional field within a variety of organisations
- The opportunity to develop transferable skills – e.g. in report-writing, team working, presentation, research, planning, analysis, problem-solving, project management, decision-making.
A minimum of GCSE English and Maths at grade C (4) or above.
What are the assessment methods?
Written coursework, submitted electronically.
How long is the course?
The course runs for 13 weeks.
What are the College attendance requirements?
One afternoon/evening per week – Mondays 4pm - 8pm.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
CMI Student membership - When studying a CMI qualification you will need to join as a student member, via www.managers.org.uk/studentmenbership.
What are the progression options?
Completion of this course enables you to progress to the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.