Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
This is a part-time course for those employed in the plumbing industry wishing to gain the recognised trade qualification.
Apprenticeships are ways for you to get the skills you need for a successful career. They provide the opportunity to get the qualifications and experience you will need for the jobs of the future.
This course is designed for those that have already completed the Level 2 Plumbing Diploma and wish to further their studies, focusing on the complex planning and installation of specialised plumbing installations.
What does the course involve?
The course will focus on a range of complex plumbing theory and practices including:
- Installing and commissioning
- Unvented hot water systems, boosted cold water system and underfloor heating systems
- Installing solar thermal hot water systems on our new roofing and commissioning resources
Complete a range of theory and practical units including:
- Organising resources
- Cold water
- Hot water
- Electrical systems and installations
What makes this course special?
- Realistic working environment with excellent up to date facilities
- Course flexible and content adapted to the learners needs
- Possible opportunities to progress on to high education programmes
Work placement or relavant work experince required to fulfil the NVQ evidence requirements.
- Completion of the Level 2 Plumbing Diploma.
- Employment within the industry
What are the assessment methods?
- You will complete a range of practical tasks and portfolio
- Complete an NVQ E-portfolio, gathering evidence in the workplace in addition to some on site assessments
- Completion of a range of multiple choice and written exams
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Six hours on a day release basis.