Who is the course for?
1st 4 Sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football is awarded in partnership with The Football Association and is the first step towards becoming a recognised football coach. This course has now replaced the Junior Team Managers (JTM) course. This Level 1 vocationally related qualification provides you with an opportunity to study and be assess in both practical and theoretical aspects of coaching football at this level. The certificate qualifies you to coach grass roots club teams for children and young people under the supervision of a qualified football coach.
What does the course involve?
You will study how to:
- Safely organise and supervise football activities including mini soccer, small sided and conditional games
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards between players, coaches, parents and officials
- Understand different aspects of coaching children
- Identify and adapt football activates and sessions for a variety of different age groups
- Identify personal development opportunities in football including sports therapy, administration and officiating
There are no formal pre-requisites for this award. Anybody over 16 years of age with practical experience of participation in football, who is looking for an introduction to the vocational area of coaching Association Football. The course is aimed at participants who will be working with players between the ages of 7 and 16 years old.
How long is the course?
Various dates are available throughout the year.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The price for this course is on application.
What are the progression options?
The knowledge gained from this qualification will enable you to develop a basic understanding of safe, ethical and effective football coaching to young people. The qualification is a stepping stone to other vocationally related areas including coaching, officiating and sports therapy. This qualification leads on to the 1st 4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football.