Who is the course for?
Learners will gain the knowledge to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles during emergency and recovery situations.
It is designed for those people who may encounter accident damaged or broken down electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle that may have or had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
What does the course involve?
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system, during emergency and recovery situations. It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- the types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
- how to reduce the risk of injury when encountering electric/hybrid vehicles
- how to safely transport and store electric/hybrid vehicles.
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and the ability to work safely around, but not maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
Learners should have experience in the automotive industry.