Who is the course for?
This is for anyone looking to gain an understanding of basic car paint spraying.
What makes this course special?
This course covers both the theory and practical elements of car paint spraying, and gives candidates excellent hands on experience under the tuition of a qualified and competent body repair specialist.
No entry requirements.
What are the assessment methods?
During the course learners will study:
- Health and Safety
- Tools and equipment
- Substrate identification
- How to mix and apply etch primer
- Substrate preparation
- Mixing and applying primer
- Mixing and applying water based colour coat
- Mixing and applying of two component clear coat
- Substrate fault rectification
- Analysis of liquid polish
- Polishing of top coats
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Learners will attend College one evening per week for three hours.