Who is the course for?
This course is for those individuals that use compressed gases for welding, cutting and similar processes. Oxy/fuel equipment should only be used by those who have had adequate training.
What does the course involve?
- Safe use of equipment and cylinders
- Oxy/fuel equipment main components
- Fire and explosion hazards
- Oxy/fuel equipment gas leak detection
- Misuse of oxygen
- Flashback procedures
- Oxy/fuel equipment set up and working pressures
Delegates will need to bring suitable overalls/work-wear and safety shoes.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments during the duration of the course with regards to safe working. There will also be a short writeen assessment at the end of the course.
How long is the course?
The course lasts three hours and can be delivered in the evenings to fit around work commitments.