Who is the course for?
This 12 week course is designed for all those involved or considering involvement in advanced hard landscaping or improving their existing skills.
You will have the opportunity to work with a team on a year-long project to design and build a show garden at one of the major horticulture shows. This will provide you with insight into what is needed to become a successful garden designer and builder.
What does the course involve?
- Evaluate a range of hard landscape features and elements used in designed landscapes and gardens and the materials used in construction
- Use materials and correct construction methods
- Learn how to plan a small garden design project and implement it from start to finish
Students are required to attend a series of lectures, seminars and practicals. Guest speakers from various industry-based organisations are used to give a workplace perspective. There will also be the opportunity after completion of this course to remain involved in the build team for a show garden later in the year.
What makes this course special?
You will have access to excellent resources and facilities both onsite and in the surrounding areas.
The qualification has been designed in collaboration with industry ensuring that you will develop the necessary skills and knowledge for employment.
What are the assessment methods?
- The course is assessed via 100% coursework
- Coursework comprises written/practical reports, in-class tests, case studies, essays, oral presentations and posters
- Practical work will be undertaken on and off site and assessed