Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
- Taunton Centre
Who is the course for?
The course is designed to advance hairdressing skills and knowledge. This is progression from a Level 2 qualification or for experienced stylists who would like to extend their knowledge. This opportunity opens the door for people to earn while they learn, attending College for three days per week over a year. On completion of the course, learners will gain a Level 3 in Hairdressing.
What does the course involve?
This course covers all aspects of hairdressing that people will experience whilst working in a busy salon environment.
Course content includes:
- Health and safety
- Promotion of additional products or services to clients
- Developing advanced cutting and colouring techniques
- Client consultation
- Develop and enhance creative hairdressing skills
- Provide colour correction
- Style and dress long hair
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Creative perming
What makes this course special?
- Gain valuable experience in our fully-equipped salons
- We demonstrate a range of teaching methods
- The opportunities to enter competitions
- Professional specialist teachers
- Exhibitions and educations visit are built into the programme
Work placements are a fantastic opportunity to gain external experience of industry. A weeks work experience is an expectation of the programme requirements. You will also benefit from our salon environment, providing a realistic working environment for our learners to work in and to progress ready for industry.
A Level 2 Hairdressing or Barbering qualification with good references.
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical observation
- Oral questions
- Online tests
How long is the course?
Are there any additional costs for the course?
In addition to tuition fees there will be a cost of £85 kit. There will be the opportunity for extra-curricular activities which will be discussed at interview.
What are the progression options?
- Progress to Level 3 Barbering
- NVQ 3 Award in Wet Shaving
- Employment in a range of environments including hair salons
- Progress onto a Level 3 Media Make-up course
- Working in industry
- Cruise ships
City & Guilds.