Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater Centre
Who is the course for?
The course is designed to provide you with a good knowledge of advance gent’s hairdressing. It is for those who have a genuine interest in barbering. It is also for those who are dedicated and committed to joining a full-time course, with the ambition to succeed in this exciting industry.
What does the course involve?
This course covers all aspects of advance gent’s barbering. You will gain experience working in a realistic environment created within the College barber shop and will provide services to members of the public and other paying clients.
Barbering skills included:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide barbering consultation services
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Providing shaving services
- Providing face massage services
- Design and create patterns in hair
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- The Shave Doctor
- The Bluebirds Revenge
What makes this course special?
- You will gain valuable experience in our modern, fully-equipped salons
- We demonstrate a range of teaching methods
- The opportunities to enter national competitions
- Professional specialist teachers
- Exhibitions and educations visit are built into the programme
Work placements are a fantastic opportunity to gain external experience of industry. A weeks work experience is an expectation of the programme requirements. You will also benefit from our salon environment, providing a realistic working environment for our learners to work in and to progress ready for industry.
- Level 2 hairdressing or barbering qualification
- Adults: A keen interest in the subject of hairdressing. After applying for a place you will be asked to attend an interview in order to assess your suitability for the course
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical observation
- Oral questions
- On-line tests
How long is the course?
One year, full time.
What are the College attendance requirements?
Are there any additional costs for the course?
In addition to tuition fees there will be a cost of £270 for Barbering & wet shaving kit which also includes the relevant text book and two shirts. There will be the opportunity for extra-curricular activities which will be discussed.
What are the progression options?
- Business qualification
- Cruise ships
- Working in a barber shop (employed/self employed)
- Cruise ships
City & Guilds.