Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for those with some experience of Sugarcraft and wish to develop their knowledge and skills further.
What does the course involve?
In this course you will learn how to create different on-trend finishes to decorating either a wedding cake or celebration cake. Over the course you will learn how to:
- Cover deep dummy cakes with luxury sugar paste achieving super sharp edges
- Apply lustre dust to create a beautiful shimmer effect
- Stencil a lace pattern using royal icing
- Create a brush embroidery design using royal icing
- Create edible lace effects using moulds and cake lace
- Hand paint a design using cocoa butter and edible dusts
What makes this course special?
This course is run by an experienced and qualified Sugarcraft tutor and professional wedding cake designer. Most of the materials and equipment required to complete the planned activities are provided.
It is expected that participants will have some experience of basic Sugarcraft techniques.
What are the assessment methods?
The tutor will provide demonstrations and feedback to ensure you know how to accomplish each discreet activity to a high standard.
How long is the course?
What are the College attendance requirements?
Two hours and 30 minutes - one evening a week (12.5 hours in total).
Are there any additional costs for the course?
The course costs do not include two 2½” size paint brushes which are required for the course and will need to be provided by the learner.
What are the progression options?
Further adult evening Sugarcraft courses are planned for this academic year.