Who is the course for?
CIPD Advanced Level qualifications are designed for people involved in implementing strategy and developing policies. CIPD Advanced Level 7 qualifications are the most widely recognised professional qualifications in the field of HR or Learning & Development and are ideal for those aspiring to become a Chartered Member (MCIPD) or a Chartered Fellow (FCIPD) of the CIPD.
University Centre Somerset, as part of Bridgwater & Taunton College, has an excellent reputation both regionally and nationally as a highly successful provider of education and training.
- Is a Learning and Skills Beacon status College
- Has been designated an Outstanding College by Ofsted
- Received 13 National Beacon Awards in recent years
- Meets the Matrix Standard for information, advice and guidance services.
Our examination and course results consistently place us amongst the best of all education and training providers in the South West. As part of this strategy, to ensure professional qualifications are delivered in line with current industry practices, University Centre Somerset is delighted to be working in partnership with Rebecca Bevins HR Consultancy to bring you a programme of learning delivered by leaders in this sector.
All sessions are delivered by RBHR Consultants, discussing real life issues, reflecting on case law outcomes all helping to more easily draw the links between your academic studies and the practitioner skills needed in the workplace.
What does the course involve?
Course content will be delivered in weekly sessions. Outside of these hours the learners will be required to complete study in their own time. The learners enrolled on the course will not only have access to the College intranet site and all the facilities therein but will also be invited to join a private LinkedIn group giving them the facility to contact Tutors and other learners for help and support outside of normal College hours
The course is made up of eight carefully selected units to give learners a broad overview of HR management:
- Human Resource Management in Context
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Developing Skills for Business
- Investigating a Business Issue from a Human Resources Perspective
- Reward Management
- Learning & Talent Development
- Managing Employee Relations
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Industry experience
- Level 5 Certificate or Equivalent in HR Management
- Mature students are welcome to apply
What are the assessment methods?
Assessment is made across a variety of types, including:
- Written examination
- Written coursework
What are the College attendance requirements?The course is delivered across 35 weeks per year on Wednesday afternoons and evenings (13.15 – 20.15), with an additional 300 self-study hours per year.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Text books – although not essential
- CIPD membership fees – see www.cipd.co.uk for further information
- 2 examination fees
What are the progression options?
As a CIPD member with this qualification and required relevant experience you will be able to apply for Chartered Member (MCiPD) or Chartered Fellow (FCiPD) of the CiPD.
Completion of the Level 7 Advanced Diploma in HR Management has seen previous students take roles such as HR Director and HR Business Partner.