Where is the course delivered?
- Bridgwater campus
Who is the course for?
This course will prepare learners for progression to study Media Make-up at Higher Education level, on the BA Hons Media Make-up at University Centre Somerset, or elsewhere. It will build on skills developed from previous courses and introduce new creative techniques.
What does the course involve?
The course covers aspects of media make-up, drawing, multi-media art, video, print, digital and 3D – all delivered alongside Critical Practice, enabling learners to understand the creative world they are working in.
- Body painting
you will study in detail the creative and media make-up industries and you will be able to specialise in your major project at the end of the course in a pathway of your choosing.
What makes this course special?
- Professional state-of-the-art facilities
- Residential trips and visits
Work placements are encouraged throughout the course to ensure that you are ready for progression to degree-level study.
- Completion of the Theatrical Special Effects & Media Make-up Level 3 Diploma course.
- Five GCSE grades A* - E or 9 - 3 or another appropriate level qualification.
- Examples of work to strengthen your application (portfolio) to bring to your interview.
What are the assessment methods?
Practical and written assignments. Observation by your tutor. You will be encouraged to evaluate your own work and the work of others and to set targets for yourself in relation to your work and general progress.
How long is the course?
One year, full time.
What are the College attendance requirements?
Up to 15 hours in College. In addition, you will expected to complete tasks and self-manage your study time outside of your College timetable.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- There is a course material fee, which, you will be advised about upon applying.
- There are also costs for optional and compulsory trips and visits.
What are the progression options?
You could progress to BA (Hons) or FdA Media Make-up at University Centre Somerset, other Higher Education courses, or employment.