Who is the course for?
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 certificate in Sports Massage Therapy is to enable learners to gain the main practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide Sports Massage Therapy in a sporting environment such as a leisure centre, sports club or competitive teams.
What does the course involve?
- The practical application of sports massage
- Functional anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Applying sports specific massage methods
Palpation skills to analyse posture and range of movement.
What makes this course special?
- Fully equipped, modern facilities, which cater for all students practical needs, including a steady supply of clients for student case studies and work experience
- The opportunity to have work experience with professional teams and athletes in professional environments
- All staff are fully experienced, enthusiastic and have a high level of industry knowledge
- Opportunities to develop transferable skills: reception skills, communication skills, consultation skills
- Links with Bridgwater Cricket Club
- Five GCSEs at grade A – C or 9 - 4
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification
- Level 2 Sports qualification
Or any Level 3 qualifications in Sports, Complementary Therapies, Anatomy and Physiology or Beauty Therapy.
What are the assessment methods?
- Multiple choice examinations
- Practical assessments
- Case studies
How long is the course?
One evening a week for 30 weeks.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
- Massage couch
What are the progression options?
- Sports Massage Level 4
- Sports massage therapist in a beauty salon, spa, leisure club or sports club
- Complementary therapist
- Health farms
- Cruise liners
- Self-employed sports massage therapist