Who is the course for?
This is a practical course aimed at those already working in or working towards a career in the agricultural sector. This qualification will help prove the learners' ability to use a tractor as part of their job within the agriculture, horticulture and associated industries. Learners will experience the use of tractors and learn safe vehicle handling in modern agricultural tractors.
What does the course involve?
The assessment is divided into two units:
- Understand how to prepare a tractor and attachments operation
- Prepare a tractor and attachments for operation
- Understand how to operate a tractor
- Operate a tractor with attachments
Unit 206 (optional)
- Know how to operate a loader
- Operate a loader
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
What are the assessment methods?
Intigrated assessment by City & Guilds:
- Observation of practical performance
- Assessment of underpinning knowledge
How long is the course?
This is generally a two day course, dependant on experience and understanding of agricultural tractors.
What are the progression options?
City & Guilds assessments in safe use of tractor mounted mowers or Tractor Mounted Hedge and Verge Trimmers.
For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065.