Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online over 30 weeks. Guided learning hours: 88 - 199.
Who is the course for?
The ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management is ideal for those who are leading or managing staff within their job role or who plan to pursue a career in management. It is also suited to those who are already in a supervisory position, but have had little or no formal training and wish to develop their existing skill set.
This qualification will give you the insight you need to work in a management role in a variety of settings. It aims to build on your leadership capabilities and show you how to manage projects, people and relationships. The innovative design of this qualification means you can fast track your progression to a level which is recognised by employers.
What does the course involve?
These are the pathways you can choose from:
- Level 3 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management Generic
- Level 3 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management in the Retail Sector
- Level 3 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management in the Hospitality Sector
- Level 3 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management in the Care Sector
As part of this course you will study twelve mandatory units:
- L3/308 Understanding leadership
- L3/341 Lead & motivate team
- L3/322 Understand the organisation and its context
Plan and allocate work
- L3/303 Plan & allocate work
- L3/319 Understand organising & delegating
- L3/301 Understanding innovation & change
- L3/300 Solving problems & making decisions
- L3/306 Understand customer service
Motivation and objectives
- L3/310 Understand how to motivate & improve performance
- L3/323 Understand performance management
Health and safety
- L3/321 Understand health & safety
- L3/311 Develop yourself & others
- L2/211 Diversity
- L2/219 Manage self
- L3/326 Understand communication process
- L3/329 Workplace information systems
Training and coaching
- L3/317 Understand training & coaching
- L2/204 Induction & coaching
- L3/314 Understand discipline in the workplace
- L3/312 Conflict management
- L3/313 Understand stress management in the workplace
- L3/318 Understand quality management
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning.
A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Enrol on the ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management course with no upfront costs if you are aged 19 or above, with a government funded Advanced Learner Loan. Your course fees can be fully funded, with no dependency on household income and no repayments until you are earning over £21,000 a year.
The cost of this course is £1987. Find out more about the Advanced Learner Loan.