Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online over 16 - 20 weeks. Guided learning hours: 155-215.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to prepare for work or update their skills in their exisiting role. This qualification will help you gain essential knowledge to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
What does the course involve?
As part of the course you will study seven mandatory units:
UNIT 1 - Principles of providing administrative services
- Section 1 Understand the organisation and administration of meetings
- Section 2 Understandtheorganisationoftravelandaccommodation
- Section 3 Understand how to manage diary systems
- Section 4 Understand how to use office equipment
- Section 5 Understand the use of mail services in a business context
- Section 6 Understand customer service in a business environment
UNIT 2 - Principles of business document production and information management
- Section 1 Understand how to prepare business documents
- Section 2 Understand the distribution of business documents
- Section 3 Understand how information is managed in business organisations
- Section 4 Understand the essential requirements of business documents
UNIT 3 - Understand communication in a business environment
- Section 1 Understand the requirements of written and verbal business communication
UNIT 4 - Understand employer organisations
- Section 1 Understand organisational structures
- Section 2 Understand the organisational environment
UNIT 5 - Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Section 1 Understand the principles of effective team working
- Section 2 Understand how to buddy a colleague
UNIT 6 - Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
- Section 1 Understand how to deal with mail
- Section 2 Understand reception services
- Section 3 Understand the management of diary systems
- Section 4 Understand event organisation
- Section 5 Understand finance for administrators
UNIT 7 - Understand how to store, retrieve and archive information
- Section 1 Understand information storage and retrieval
- Section 2 Understand archiving requirements
You will need a PC with Internet Connection. There are also some software requirements that will be discussed upon enquiry/application.
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 email@example.com