Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online or paper-based over 16 - 20 weeks. Guided learning hours 180 - 230.
Who is the course for?
This course will enable learners to develop central knowledge of how to carry out customer service tasks.
What does the course involve?
As part of the course you will study seven mandatory units:
UNIT 1 - Principles of customer service and delivery
- Section 1 Understand customer service
- Section 2 Understand how legal and ethical requirements relate to customer service
- Section 3 Understand how to deliver effective customer service
- Section 4 Understand the management of customer service information
- Section 5 Understand customer service delivery
UNIT 2 - Understand customers
- Section 1 Understand different types of customers
- Section 2 Understand the value of customers and their loyalty
UNIT 3 - Understand employer organisations
- Section 1 Understand organisational structures
- Section 2 Understand the organisational environment
UNIT 4 - Understand how to communicate with customers
- Section 1 Understandhowtocommunicateverballywithcustomers
- Section 2 Understand how to communicate with customers in writing
UNIT 5 - Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Section 1 Understand the delivery of customer service to challenging customers
- Section 2 Understand the resolution of customer service problems
UNIT 6 - Understand how to develop customer relationships
- Section 1 Understand how to develop customer relationships
- Section 2 Understand how to exceed customer expectations
- Section 3 Understand how to support customer service improvements
UNIT 7 - Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Section 1 Understand the principles of effective team working
- Section 2 Understand how to buddy a colleague
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 firstname.lastname@example.org