Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online or paper-based over 16 - 20 weeks. Guided learning hours 170 - 215.
Who is the course for?
This qualification aims to the develop the learner’s knowledge required to work in a team leading role.
What does the course involve?
UNIT 1 - Principles of team leading
- Section 1 Understand leadership styles in organisations
- Section 2 Understand team dynamics
- Section 3 Understandtechniquesusedtomanagetheworkofteams
- Section 4 Understand the impact of change management within a team
- Section 5 Understand team motivation
UNIT 2 - Understand business
- Section 1 Understand organisation structure
- Section 2 Understand the business environment
- Section 3 Understandtheprinciplesofbusinessplanningandfinance within an organisation
- Section 4 Understand business reporting within an organisation
- Section 5 Understand the principles of management responsibilities and accountabilities within an organisation
UNIT 3 - Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Section 1 Understand the principles and techniques of work related communication
- Section 2 Understand how to prepare for meetings
UNIT 4 - Understanding customers
- Section 1 Understand different types of customers
- Section 2 Understand the value of customers and their loyalty
UNIT 5 - Understand how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
- Section 1 Understand customer service delivery
- Section 2 Understand the relationship between customer service and a brand
- Section 3 Understand the resolution of customer service problems
UNIT 6 - Understand how to develop working relations with colleagues
- Section 1 Understand the principles of effective team working
- Section 2 Understand how to buddy a colleague
UNIT 7 - Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Section 1 Know health and safety procedures in the workplace
UNIT 8 - Understand how to handle information and mail
- Section 1 Understand information storage retrieval
- Section 2 Understand how to deal with mail
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 firstname.lastname@example.org