Where is the course delivered?
This is a Distance Learning course, so there is no need to attend College.
This course will be delivered online over 16 - 20 weeks.
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone who wants to build upon their existing IT and Internet skills to gain a practical qualification that is also attractive to employers.
The programme will allow you to learn at your own pace online, in your own home or workplace at a time that is convenient to you. Throughout your course you will also be supported by an online tutor.
What does the course involve?
As part of the course you will study one mandatory unit:
- Improving productivity using IT
In addition you will be required to select and study three or four optional units from the following batch:
- Using email
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Database software
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at 31/08/16
- Must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Must currently reside in England
- Must have a full Level 2 qualification or above (i.e QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2)
- Unemployed and claiming benefits, and using the qualification to obtain work.
*An administration fee will be incurred if you withdraw from the course.
You will need a PC with Internet connection.
A full Microsoft Office package downloaded onto your computer is required (Version 2007 or above)
The Microsoft Office package cannot be a starter or trial package. The Microsoft Open Office (a web-based package) is not compatible.
What are the assessment methods?
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning.
A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
What are the College attendance requirements?
As a Distance Learning course, there is no need to attend College.
For further information or advice, please contact the Distance Learning team:
01823 366612 firstname.lastname@example.org