Who is the course for?
The qualification is designed to enable Performance Arts students to display and evidence their performance skills and knowledge through a series of performance-based assessment tasks. The qualification encourages candidates to be multi-skilled, reflective performers showing professional potential; their performance standard will be comparable in the UK to other qualifications available at Level 4 in the Qualifications and Credit framework or the first year of degree level study.
What does the course involve?
Advanced acting techniques (devising, voice, scripted works) advanced dance techniques (technique, choreography and repertory), acting through song, performance skills, presentation skills, assessment preparation. You will be assessed through practical assessments, lecture demonstration and a viva voce.
Summative assessment will take place in June.
What makes this course special?
This course has been created by Trinity College London and will be delivered from The McMillan Theatre. Facilities include a 350 seat Theatre and fully sprung dance studio with air conditioning. Students on the course will also have full use of the College facilities including the Learning Resources Centre, Student Union and Student Support. Students will take part in workshops from leading UK professionals and residentials, where previous years have visited New York, Paris and London.
- Level 3 BTEC Performing Arts/Dance (Grade DMM or above)/A Levels in Dance or Drama (Grade C or above) or equivalent
- Relevant industry experience (where applicable)
- Successful audition and interview
- Mature students are welcome to apply
What are the assessment methods?
- Practical assessment
- Lecture demonstration
- Viva voce
- Summative assessment will take place in June.
How long is the course?
This course takes place over one year and will be delivered over two/three days a week.
What are the College attendance requirements?
The course will run over two/three days a week and you will also be expected to take part in independent workshop time.
What are the progression options?
- This course can lead onto a higher level HE programme
- Can lead directly to employment within the Performing Arts industry
- Can continue onto our Level 6 Diploma in Dance Teaching and Learning
Trinity College London