Who is the course for?
This part time evening course is suitable for anyone with an interest in learning the basics of the studio recording application Pro Tools.
What does the course involve?
The course covers the following aspects of Pro Tools:
- Setting up Pro Tools
- Program features
- Understanding the edit view
- Understanding the mix environment
- Recording & editing audio
- Mixing & signal processing
- Basic mastering & bouncing
What makes this course special?
- Recording aspects of the program explored in professional studio environment
- Fully equipped sequencing rooms with Apple iMacs, sequencing software and hardware
- Pro Tools 11 installed on all Apple iMacs
- Teaching staff with industry experience and degree level qualifications in music technology
There are no entry requirements, however, good computer skills and good understanding and appreciation of music and music technology is beneficial.
What are the assessment methods?
There are no formal assessments on this leisure course but students will be given practical tasks to demonstrate the knowledge they have gained from each session.
Students will have opportunities for their work to be critiqued by the teaching staff and given feedback on how to improve their production.
How long is the course?
The course runs on one evening a week for eight weeks.
What are the College attendance requirements?
Each session runs for two hours, from 6-8pm.
What are the progression options?
This course could lead on to other music production leisure courses at Bridgwater College, including an Introduction to Live Sound Engineering and an Introduction to Ableton Live.
This course could also lead on to a BTEC level 3 Subsidiary Diploma or Extended Diploma in Music Production or Music Technology.