Who is the course for?
This course is for the professional user or anyone who requires the National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC) Certificate in the Safe Use of Pesticides and is a pre-requisite of progressing to the other FEPA modules. In accordance with the Food and Environment Protection Act (FEPA) regulations (1985) and Sustainable Pesticides Regulations (2012), sprayer operators are required to receive adequate training before operation of specific spraying equipment.
What does the course involve?
- Know the legislation and codes of practice relating to application equipment
- Be able to assess the environmental factors relating to the mixing and application site
- Be able to read and interpret product information
- Be able to prepare and calibrate the applicator
- Be able to operate the application equipment
- Know how to carry out post operational procedures
- You must already hold the NPTC Certificate of Competence PA1 Foundation Module before taking this course.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
What are the assessment methods?
Independently assessed by City & Guilds:
- Observation of practical performance
- Assessment of underpinning knowledge
How long is the course?
A one day course. The assessment will be arranged in the following 7 days or as appropriate.
Are there any additional costs for the course?
Cost of course includes City & Guilds assessment fees.
What are the progression options?
City & Guilds assessments in PA2 & specialist applicator training.
For further course information and to book a place, please email email@example.com or call 01278 655065