Who is the course for?
- All riders, from beginners to performance riders.
- Anyone wishing to complete their Stage 1 Ride in the BHS Career Pathway. Ride Safe is a co-requisite of the BHS Stage 1 Ride award.
- Anyone wanting to learn more about road safety in order to minimise the risk involved when riding on the roads.
What does the course involve?
Our professional Ride Safe Trainer will guide you through every stage of your preparation towards your Ride Safe Award assessment and sign off you Ride Safe Guide.
You will be trained on the following learning outcomes:
- Identify the rules in the Highway Code specific to horse riders
- Know how to ride out safely
- Be able to ride a horse in an enclosed area and out on the road.
What makes this course special?
If you wish to progress through BHS exams you must have this qualification to gain your BHS stage 1 Ride award.
- All potential candidates for The BHS Road Safe exam must be capable of riding independently at walk, trot and canter.
- Minimum age of 11yrs old.
What are the assessment methods?
- Written examination
- Practical assessment.
How long is the course?
- The Wednesday course runs on 7th, 21st & 28th Feb 2pm – 4.30pm
- The Saturday Course runs on 10th & 24th Feb 10am – 2pm.
- We are holding a BHS Ride Safe Assessment at Cannington Equestrian Centre on Sunday 4th March 2018. (To book a place on this assessment please contact the BHS directly).
Are there any additional costs for the course?
£95 BHS Ride Safe Assessment fee paid directly to the BHS when booking exam.
What are the progression options?
BHS Stage 2 training.