Who is the course for?
Learn the practical skills needed to make better photographs with your camera. Work in a professional studio and edit images using Adobe Photoshop CS6 industry standard software to balance colour / exposure, retouch blemishes and crop your images to perfection.
This course is for anyone with an interest in Photography, but more specifically those beginners who want to make the most of their sophisticated cameras to produce high quality images that stun friends and relatives! Our excellent facilities and expert instructors will help you make the most of your camera and nurture your observational skills so you leave with images you’re really proud of.
What does the course involve?
- Your camera / lens – functions and systems
- How the camera works – ISO, apertures & shutter speeds
- Basic shooting techniques
- Still life and portraiture lighting
- Importing images to Photoshop
- Editing images and exporting them to the internet.
What makes this course special?
- Facilities and tuition from professionals in a professional setting
- You will learn all about how to compose images and ultimately how to make a better photograph!
- Social opportunities
- Progression onto the Photography Diploma upon completion.
You will need a digital camera with the camera’s USB lead connector – basic compact or SLR.
What are the assessment methods?
You will take part in peer-assessment of each other’s work, but there is no formal assessment.
What are the progression options?
Continue onto the Photography Diploma upon completion.