Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at paint technicians who are looking to refresh their techniques in preparation for undertaking the ATA Senior Paint Assessment.
What does the course involve?
Learners will study and practice the skills and techniques needed to fully prepare them for the ATA Assessment.
Main areas covered include:
- Cosmetic plastic repairs
- Application of textured finishes
- Blending/fadeout techniques
- Paint fault rectification
- Relevant experience in body repair/paint
- Safety clothing and footwear
- Candidates may wish to bring their own breathing apparatus and spray equipment but this can be supplied by the College
How long is the course?
The course lasts for one day.
What are the progression options?
Candidates may wish to go on to one of our other short courses available or apply for Automotive Technician Accreditation ATA).
- ATA Senior Panel/Paint/MET
- Plastic component repair